November 4, 2009

Diffraction Phenomenon

Diffraction Phenomenon - a way of looking at photography differently.

In this blog, I will explore photographs that I find amusing that you do not necessarily see in galleries or homes across the world. Some of these photographs will be figments of a mind lost in space and time while others might represent pure bliss through an artistic imagination.

A little about myself, my name is Cathy Immordino. I love to write poems and stories and songs as well as photograph and I've been in a couple of TV shows and films. I am based out of Los Angeles.

As for photography, I fell in love with photographing when I was about 8 years old. My mother gave my a polaroid instant camera and I was hooked. All of my allowance money went towards buying a film box (around $10 each from what I remember). I started out photographing my lovely collection of hamsters. At one point I remember having around 100 and they all lived in big blue plastic storage bins. I would only photograph humans when my parents yelled at me for "waisting" precious film. Now days I photograph everything from the usual landscape travel photo to candid party pics, animals, and dark and/or artsy images.

My equipment now days consists of a Canon 5D & 5D mark 2 with a selection of crazy lenses. A friend turned me on to the old fashioned box camera and as soon as I build one I will be making collodion prints!

I am doing this blog because the types of photographs I like to look at are simply too hard for me to find. Writing this will force me to look harder and who knows where that might lead!

These are a few of my photographs from my Festival of Lights series, which received Honorable Mention in the Lucie Awards Professional Categories for Other: Special & Fine Art: Abstract


No comments:

Post a Comment