November 13, 2009

Abdulla Kazim



In the middle of the night, I grabbed a warm cut of chai tea and started digging through loads and loads of online photography. I came across a few photos and fell madly in love. One photo looks like an x-ray where the other two must be smoke-scapes (pictures made from smoke). Craving an entire series of these types of photos, I discovered who this 23 year old photographer was & proceeded to email harass him for further information.

The photographer's name is Abdulla Kazim.

Believe it or not, he is from Dubai, studying medical science in Sydney and has a passion for photography. When I asked Abdulla to tell me about himself, this is what he had to say; "I started photography for the purpose of recording
moments, events and family holidays... I got interested in taking pictures of animals and nature in different angles and mostly in macro mode. Later I got hold of a cell phone that has a camera and started using that until I decided to buy the Nikon D200."





Abdulla's plans for his photography future are still to be
decided. He is considering opening a studio and exploring project ideas and also taking a photojournalistic approach to addressing neglected matters in his country. On a selfish matter, I would love for him to continue photos like the ones I have featured
here.


These photos I have featured caught my attention because of their uniqueness (if that is a word) and I just had to share them with the rest of the world. Let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment