December 8, 2009

Michael Dykstra

Michael Dykstra is an emerging photo artist, based out of Madison, Wisconsin, with a passion for excellence, creativity and desire. His recent masterpieces involve light and water in a surreal photo art vision.

Now I don't know if words can describe how much I love these photographs, but let me give it a shot. These water droplet photographs remind me of a never ending circle with episodes of daily chaos spewing from them. The colors represent emotions in a poetic aura sort of way. Blues are calm and peaceful. Purples are spiritual. Orange is excitement. The metallic looking oranges, purples and like colors feel ridged and chaotic. I just love them all and could imagine these photos hanging in a science lab or little boy's room. For some odd reason these photos also remind me of the secret message in water (a Japanese scientist looked at water exposed to different words under a microscope, the water made it's own art to go with the word/feeling).


I look forward to seeing what else Michael Dykstra invents with his photo art.

No comments:

Post a Comment