December 1, 2009

Aaron Nace

Aaron Nace is a photographer and digital artist based out of Chapel Hill, NC. His main focus is portraiture with hopes to create an emotional impact on the viewer.

"I am very much into creating images using all the tools available, including lighting, costuming, set design, and post production. I aim to have my images stand out from the crowd and bring about original concepts, and am always evolving my style to do so." -Aaron Nace


Aaron's current project, "365 days", involves him taking a photo of himself every day of the year. The twist is that each photo is  not only a picture of him but also a piece of art. If you would like to view those, check out his website (click here).


In this post, I chose to show off his Artist Tribute series.


"I started the Artist Tribute series for a couple of reasons. The first being that others' art plays a large influence on my own, and I decided I would take a group of artists who are the most influential towards my art, and see what I could learn from them. I wanted to emulate their styles for both technical reasons as well as artistic reasons. Technically I could learn from different generations of thought as far as lighting and image quality is concerned. Artistically, I truly learned to value many images I previously had little regard for. The project really helped me to understand why some images are more successful than others, and the fact that most of the artists I studied were not photographers made me realize that different mediums actually have a lot more in common than I once thought." - Aaron Nace



No comments:

Post a Comment