December 3, 2009

Cathy Immordino

Not long ago, I experimented with photographing people and their pets. Believe it or not, that is my cousin Jeremy wearing a horse mask (his Halloween costume). The little girl is my neice, Julie. And let's not forget to mention TigTig the cat.

By the time I set out to photograph this project, I was already getting sick of taking standard photos of people with their pets. I was on the verge of trying something new but couldn't figure out which direction I wanted to head in. Then out of the blue, myself along with my cousin and others went in to a Halloween store in West Hollywood and fell madly in love with a horse mask. There were other masks available but I can't remember ever seeing a horse who would actually have anything to do with a cat. We purchased the mask and set off on our mission.

This entire series has little if not any Photoshop magic added to them.  I call this series Horseman & TigTig.

Enjoy!










No comments:

Post a Comment